Tuesday, July 03, 2012

My experiments with Diets - The Slow Carb Diet by Tim Ferris



With Natasha back in Italy for the month, I have decided to go ahead and do some experimentation in my bachelorhood time. I am trying out the Slow Carb diet (read about the book here and the blog that inspired me) by Tim Ferris this month. The idea is to avoid carbs from white starch and sugars like STDs for 6 days a week. The 7th day (Sunday) is totally for having an orgy (binging out). So the experiment has started off today. 

Day 1/30

  •  Weight - 95 kgs
  • Breakfast - NA
  • Lunch - Rajma with onion salad (125 gms) at 1:30 pm.
  • Snacks - Had 2 cups of tea with 6 biscuits. (Note for tomorrow - Don't have the biscuits)
  • Dinner -  Rajma with Ragu mushroom sauce, onion, garlic, 1 teaspoon honey, 1/2 a lemon squeezed (salt, red chilli powder, turmeric) and a huge cucumber for salad with black salt. Half cup raisins.  Time - 9:00 pm.

Drank nearly 4 bottles of water today. I got cravings for sugar in the evening when I visited the grocery stores to get stuff for tomorrow. Successfully avoided that.  But I need to find a better grocery store like "Honey Money Top" in Greater Noida. I need the ready baked beans, balsamic vinegar, avocados, almond butter, red / yellow bell peppers, etc. 



No comments:

Hit count